The SKINDELÚX Plasma Pen is known as the world’s most advances non-invasive skin-tightening rejuvenation device and is used to stimulate the production of collagen in the skin using fibroblast therapy. The plasma pen gently exfoliates the skin and removes damaged skin cells while improving the appearance of scars and wrinkles.
With the SKINDELÚX Fibroblast Plasma Pen you can treat: blepharoplasty without surgery to tighten the skin around your lower and upper eyelids, and lesions such as skin tags, moles, warts, fibromas, xanthelasmas, papillomas, and seborrheic keratoses; undesired face wrinkles, including crow’s feet, frown lines, necklines, and smoker’s lines; and pigmentation, age spots on the hands and face, melasmas, sunspots, freckles, chloasma, acne scars, stretch marks, post-surgery scars, and tattoos.
The SKINDELÚX fibroblast plasma pen comes with nine (9) adjustable intensity levels for different speeds and power output for treating different sizes and types of moles, skin tags, blemishes and more.
1. Charge the device
The Plasma Pen must be charged for 3-4 hours before first time use.
The battery is fully charged when the four (4) bars are lit. Always charge the device when there is only one (1) bar left for optimal performance and to maximize the battery life.
Charge every two months to maintain battery life during long term storage.
2. Configure the needle
Coarse needles are suitable for larger moles, freckles, warts and more. Combine and switch to the fine needles to finish the treatment. Always use fine needles with the needle guard cover.
- Fine Needle – to be used with the Needle Guard Cover. Gently insert the needle through the needle guard cover and the insert the pinhead cover into the head of the plasma pen; tighten clockwise.
- Coarse Needle - directly insert the thick pinhead into the head of the pen and tighten it clockwise.
3. Power ON/OFF
Long press the ON/OFF button for about two (2) seconds to power on or off. The display will light up and show intensity levels.
4. Power Levels
There are nine (9) adjustable power levels. Use the upshift (+) to increase the power output and the downshift (-) to decrease the power output. Always start on a lower level and increase power intensity if necessary.
5. Removal Mode
Press and hold the OUT button to start working. The power level on the display will confirm the working state by flashing. Release the OUT button to stop working.
6. LED Light
Single press the Power ON/OFF button to turn the LED light on and off while the device is on.
PRECAUTIONS BEFORE USE
Like in most rejuvenation treatments, there may be some post-treatment side effects and recovery.
You must follow these important guidelines carefully if you wish to enjoy optimal results and protect your health and investment. For most people the Plasma Pen treatment is virtually pain free. Your own treatment may be moderately uncomfortable and sensitive depending on where you are being treated - especially eyelid procedures where the skin is thinnest - and your own sensitivities and tolerances. Use a numbing cream to reduce any discomfort.
Before using it you must make sure it is a mole or skin tag that can be safely removed with this device. If there is a doubt, please consult a GP or dermatologist for professional advice.
1. Make sure to thoroughly disinfect the needle and the planned treatment area on your body before using a Plasma Pen.
2. Determine the power level. Depending on kind of treatment and the area, some types may require more power than others. Always start at a lower intensity level and increase as needed.
3. When removing freckles or other types of blemishes, gently sweep the pen back and forth over the area. Do not stay for too long over the same area to avoid causing damage to the dermis.
4. If using a Plasma Pen for the first time, first practice by using it on a fresh fruit, such as an apple or orange, until you have full knowledge of how to operate the device.
Gently touch the spot with the needle of the equipment and move the pen back and forth over the skin. In the course of use the melanin in the skin is scorched black and falls off after scanning.
If the melanin deposition in the spot is shallow and the area is small, the spot can be removed at once; if the freckled area is larger and the pigment precipitation is deeper the product will need to be used 2 or 3 times.
Use and move the Plasma Pen smoothly; hands should not shake so as not to cause skin burns, resulting in different depths of mole removal that will affect wound recovery and leave scars.
Special attention should be paid to distinguish the depth degree of moles during their removal. Some moles grow on the surface of skin, but the bottom of moles may grow in subcutaneous tissue. When using the device, do not use the needle end to cut the mole surface directly; it is preferable to slightly burn off moles little by little. Dry healing is preferred but if your scabs become unbearably itchy, then you may safely apply aloe vera or any nutrition cream up to three times per day to help manage itchy sensation. Icing also helps manage itchiness. When applying nutritional cream you should pay attention to whether there is inflammation.
If skin inflammation is detected, stop using the nutrition cream. Contact a medical professional as soon as possible if inflammation gets worse.
GRANULATION TISSUE REMOVAL
Gently remove granulation tissue with a fine needle and burn its root. The scar of the granulation will fall off on its own about a week after it is removed. You can use the device to burn off the granulation in one application if the volume of granulation is not large.
If the granulation volume is large it should be burned several times so as not to affect wound recovery.
Immediately Following Your Treatment
1. After the treatment you may experience a "stinging" sensation in the treated area. This is normal and generally lasts for about 30 minutes to an hour. Use a cooling cream/gel to reduce any discomfort.
2. If the treated area is swollen you may apply ice packs covered with a clean cloth. Do NOT apply ice directly to the skin. Avoid taking anti-inflammatory medications like aspirin, ibuprofen or steroids, if possible.
3. If you are receiving a Plasma Pen treatment anywhere on your face or neck, we recommend you to sleep on your back with your head elevated to reduce swelling.
4. Do NOT cleanse the treated area until the following day.
5. Do NOT exercise for 48 hours after treatment or expose yourself to any heat, steam or sweat.
6. The treated area must NOT be covered with an occlusive dressing or any type of sunblock, make-up, mascara, creams or any other products until the area has fully healed. Many ingredients in skin care products and cosmetics can irritate the skin and cause allergic reactions. This will ultimately slow your healing process and possibly impede desired results.
7. It is highly unlikely you will get an infection from a Plasma Pen treatment, as the wound it causes is not open. However, the first 12 hours post-treatment are vital in protecting the wound from potential infection, so please avoid any activities in which you could expose yourself to contaminants. Keeping hands off of anything that comes in contact with the treatment area.
Contact medical professionals as soon as possible if an infection gets worse.
Days After Your Treatment
1. Tiny crusts will quickly form on the treated area; these may be visible for 7-10 days.
2. It is normal for the treated area to be red/pink, swollen and feel tight and dry. Occasional weeping is normal and will settle.
3. Avoid sun exposure and tanning of the treated area. Once the scabbing process is complete, always apply broad spectrum SPF 50 or higher to the area for a minimum of 3 months after your last treatment. This skin is still healing and can easily become damaged by any UV rays and may cause hyperpigmentation and/or premature aging.
4. Once the scabs have fallen off (after approximately 7 days) your skin may be a little pink. You may begin to apply your normal foundation/make-up/sunblock but avoid using skincare products containing glycolic/salicylic/retinoic/AHA/scrubs/Clarisonic or any other active exfoliating ingredients for at least 21 days as it may cause irritation.
ABSOLUTELY NO MAKEUP SHOULD BE USED UNTIL SCABS HAVE FALLEN OFF
5. Do NOT pick crusts off as this will delay the healing process and may cause hyperpigmentation and scarring.
6. The treated area may be cleansed daily with room temperature water and your fingers. Avoid using washcloths or any other washing devices. You are only removing excess oil and do not need to thoroughly cleanse the treated skin. Do NOT be tempted to rub, brush or exfoliate the area in any way to aid in the removal of the crusts. Pat dry with a clean tissue.
7. Do NOT stand with your face under a hot shower for the first 3-4 days. Try to avoid shower gels or hair products that run on to your face as this may cause irritation and inflammation. Rinse thoroughly with tepid water if products came into contact with the treated area and then gently pat dry.
Other Important Aftercare Advice & Top Tips
1. Avoid swimming or chlorinated water as this can increase irritation.
2. Keep scabs/crusts moist by applying aftercare three times a day - but only in small amounts. Do not soak the area.
3. Avoid smoking and alcohol. Eat a whole food diet and avoid excess sugar to maximize the results. On top of the immediate rejuvenation, lifting and tightening effects you will likely experience from the Plasma Pen, it takes 8-12 weeks for the full effects of your treatment to be seen.
If ever in doubt, consult a GP or dermatologist for professional advice.
Plasma pens are small handheld medical devices that focus electricity on the surface of the skin, which causes a controlled burn and spreads heat throughout the targeted area.
SKINDELÚX Plasma pen converts electrical energy into an electrostatic energy to create artificial nitrogen plasma. Plasma is an ionized gas consisting of positive ions and free electrons in proportions which enables it to conduct electricity. The Plasma pen device discharges precise flashes of plasma in millisecond bursts, triggering the body’s natural healing and anti-aging processes in the epidermal and dermal layers. Your body produces new collagen and elastin to improve skin texture and tone. This treatment is also known as Fibroblasting. Fibroblasts are the cells that produce collagen.
The Plasma pen can be used on the face, around the eyes, neck, around lip and mouth area, marionette lines, smile lines, forehead, jowls and jawline. It is important for anyone considering the Plasma pen treatment to carefully review the contraindications, aftercare instructions, risks and skin types that can be safely treated.
Please note that each person’s results may vary and SKINDELÚX is not liable for any improper or incorrect use of the plasma pen, nor does it offer any guarantee, or specific results. By using this device you expressly agree that it is at your own risk and that you have a full understanding of how to operate a Fibroblast Plasma pen safely on yourself or others. Use the product with caution. Before using a Plasma pen, make sure that the mole, freckle or skin tag can safely be removed.
If questions, concerns, doubts; before use, always consult with a GP or licensed professional dermatologist, physician or medical advisor for professional advice.
Is the Plasma pen treatment painful?
The treatment may be mildly to moderately uncomfortable depending on your pain tolerance and what area you are getting treated. Eyelid procedure (where the skin is at its thinnest) can be more painful for some. Use a numbing cream to reduce any discomfort.
Who is not a good candidate for the Plasma pen treatment?
Darker skin tones are not good candidates for this treatment due to the increased risk of hyperpigmentation, inflammation and possible scarring. Contraindications include: smokers, pregnant or breastfeeding, autoimmune disorders, blood thinners, cancer, chemo or radiation, gold-therapy, cataracts and serious skin disorders.
Medical devices such as implanted pacemakers and defibrillators might contain sensors that respond to magnets and radios when in close contact. To avoid any potential interactions with these devices, keep your Fibroblast Plasma pen and accessories a safe distance away from your device (more than 6 inches / 15 cm apart or more than 12 inches / 30 cm apart if charging). Consult with your physician for specific guidelines.
What are the risks of the Plasma pen treatment?
The Plasma pen is a relatively safe treatment. However, it is always recommended to consult with licensed professional dermatologist, physician or medical advisor to understand the contraindications and risks before treatment.
Swelling and bruising
Scabbing and crusting
Results are virtually immediate and last up to three years. For 5-14 days following your treatment, you will experience skin sensitivity, mild to moderate redness, swelling, skin crusting and flaking. Swelling usually begins the day after treatment and typically lasts for 5 days. The treated area must not be covered with any type of make-up, mascara, creams or any other products until completely healed. We recommend a cooling gel after treatment to relieve any itching or potential burn-alike effect. It is very important to wait until all the scabs will fall off on naturally.
Please be aware that the days indicated are average healing times but can be increased by other factors. Healing time and results may be negatively compromised by not following the aftercare protocol: no alcohol, no smoking and no picking/scrubbing. If your health is compromised in any way, this can also extend your healing time and negatively affect your results.
If you have any questions, concerns, doubts; before use, always consult with a GP or licensed professional dermatologist, physician or medical advisor for professional advice. If skin inflammation is detected, and gets worse, contact a medical professional as soon as possible. When using products sold on skindelux.com you agree to our terms of service.